Piomail is seeking Network Architect. These individuals will be responsible for leading reference architecture projects such as the Data Center and Campus Local Area Network (LAN) reference architecture projects. In addition the individuals are expected to engage directly with sales teams, delivery teams, and clients for the purpose of selling and delivering strategic services engagements. This role requires individuals with demonstrated knowledge in routing, switching, Internet Protocol (IP), optical and network virtualization technologies. These individuals will also need current skills in Cisco and/or Juniper products and architectures. The need is for individuals with demonstrated architecture and communication skills more so than demonstrated technology specific skills.
The skill list includes, in priority order:
- General Network architecture skills
- Issue based consulting skills (consultant report writing skills, developing functional and infrastructure requirements, developing a multi-level architecture, communicating the architecture to stake holders as well as detailed designers and implementers, and ability to tie business drivers and requirements to architecture decisions and features)
- Data Center Network Architecture skills, (i.e. data center interconnection technology selection, data replication and synchronization requirements and design considerations, server/storage/network interdependencies and solutions, especially with regards to virtualization, network traffic segregation and network virtualization design considerations, network security design considerations, techniques for providing secure access both internal and external, local load balancing technology usage, selection and design considerations, geographic load balancing technology usage, selection, and design considerations, caching and other application aware network solutions usage and selection, real time application hosting (voice, video, instant messaging, gaming) requirements and design considerations, high availability requirements and design considerations, and power and cooling requirements and design considerations)
- Routing skills including: Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), etc. design skills
- LAN Switching skills including
- Layer two design skills including virtualization, spanning tree, switch selection, etc.
- Quality of Service Configuration (QoS) skills including: QoS technology selection and trade-offs between the technologies
- Vendor Skills including: Juniper
- Experience: Large scale network implementation
Prefer candidates with Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering.
Candidates may be located in the Southeast or Mid-Atlantic.
- At least 3 years experience in Voice and Data Network Architecture and Design
- At least 3 years experience in Network Architecture and Solution Design
- At least 3 years experience in Cross-Platform Integration
- At least 3 years experience in Engagement Leadership
- Certified in JNCIA
- Readiness to travel 75% travel annually
- English: Fluent
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 5 years experience in Voice and Data Network Architecture and Design
- At least 5 years experience in Network Architecture and Solution Design
- At least 5 years experience in Cross-Platform Integration
- At least 5 years experience in Engagement Leadership
- At least 5 years experience in performing IT Infrastructure Architecture Assessments
- At least 5 years experience in performing Vendor/Product/Design/Implementation Tools Selection
- At least 5 years experience in developing a set of NFRs from Business and IT Requirements
- Certified in one or more of the following: JNCIP or JNCIE and CCNP, CCDP, or CCIE;
To APPLY kindly send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org , please mention “Job Title” in the subject line of the email.